Wednesday, August 5, 2009

The Big Parade!

I spent the past week in Minnesota. They have a huge fair and parade every summer called The Giant Celebration (Green Giant was based there for years). I haven't gotten to go to Giant Days since 2000 so I was very excited! I took a ton of pictures of the parade to show y'all. Parades in MN are huge! This parade was just over an hour and a half long and had something like 7 bands and I think there were 5 sets of Shriners driving their fun little cars. I wanted you to all see how huge parades and fairs are in MN, this one is in a tiny town of just over 3500 people!








It was super hot in the sun that day. This is my friend's little girl, Bella. Her grandmother and my mother have been friends since kindergarten.







So most of the bands that were in the parade stopped playing just before they got to my spot. So annoying! This group in particular spotted my camera, one guy screamed CAMERA and they all came running. I was so excited!




I couldn't get a very good shot of the street and the crowds but I tried!
Ha ha ha...Corn!









4 comments:

Cindi said...

You just know how I love parades!!! How fun for you! Wish I snuck into your suitcase!!!

Steve & Missy said...

What a fun looking parade you got to see. I laughed when I saw the corn on the cob! My favorite pictures are the horses!!

Becky said...

Great pictures! I love a good parade. Hey...I love you too my friend! :)

Anonymous said...

Wow, that is a long parade! Just the pictures are longer than some of the parades I've seen around here! Glad you had fun!